Child Protection Society of U.T of Daman & Diu is the fundamental unit for the implementation of the Integrated Child Protection Scheme.
Functions of DDUTCPS:
The specific function of the DDUTCPS includes:
1. Contribution to the effective implementation of child protection legislation, schemes and achievement of child protection goals laid out in the National Plan of Action for Children.
2. Implementation, supervision and monitoring of ICPS and all other child protection scheme/programs and agencies/institutions at UT level;
3. Setting up, supporting and monitoring performance of DCPUs and ensure proper flow and utilization of funds to the districts through ICPS;
4. Ensuring effective implementation of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000, draft rules under the Act if not already done so or adopt the Central Model Rules;
5. Ensuring of effective implementation of other legislations and policies for child protection in the UT.
6. Networking and coordinating with voluntary and civil organizations working in the field of child rights and protection;
7. Carrying out need-based research and documentation activities at UT-level for assessing the number of children in difficult circumstances and creating UT-specific databases to monitor trends and patterns;
8. Training and capacity building of all personnel (Government and Non-government) working under child protection system;
9. Liaisoning with MWCD and State Child Protection Societies of other States/UTs;
10. Maintaining a state level database of all children in institutional care and family based non-institutional care and update it on a quarterly basis.
Copyright © 2016 Daman and Diu (U.T) State Child Protection Society. All Rights Reserved.